Dist: 0 km
No paddling tomorrow due to high winds and swell
We trusted the weather fore cast and stayed in this morning, though conditions looked not really bad until lunch! But in the afternoon it was blowing again with 20 knots, and the surf looked nasty.
We spent the day with a visit to the supermarket for a few yummy things we usually don’t carry, reading a lot, walking up and down the beach watching a body surfer having fun, competing with a few local youngsters in beach gymnastics and fixing our update system!
The update of my website had always worked reliable, but for some reason my mail sent via laptop and sat phone landed this time on the forwarding e-mail address in the spam folder – I didn’t write about naughty things or nasty links?! It took a while to find the reason, but it should be fixed now – sorry for the delay!
We also thought it will be better for the somewhat damaged rudder on my rough landing rather than repairing it to quickly organize an already new rudder generation which just recently arrived from Point 65 in China via Antofagasta in Iquique. It is for us being now sent via bus to Topocilla. They should be able to be picked up tomorrow morning, and we’ll be on the safe side for the next months. Good to have my feed back as a test pilot already so quickly put into manufacturing!
But in any way – I’d rather been paddling!!!