Wed 31/07-2019 Day 432

Pos: 63.1561,-162.8457
Loc: before Point Romanzof
Acc: Hilleberg Keron 4 tent

no paddling today

A full day off is better than two half days, so I decided to stay in today fully, though the afternoon should be calmer than this morning’s nasty wind and rain. Not that I could not paddle on not too big seas close to the coast and the wind in my back, but I rather do tomorrow a longer day to Stewart Island. I don’t need to stop in Steppins to resupply, I have all I need even until Nome when I cross Norton Sound on hopefully Sunday.

I may do a short walk this afternoon, but I feel my body appreciates the rest. I’m getting older, I can still paddle long distances, but my recovery time takes a bit longer…
Feels good to be o a real beach again, though the water is still deep brown from the tanned rivers and the rest of the muddy Yukon. Hope to paddle on clear seawater soon again on the Nome side already…?

Ross, my new paddling partner will arrive in Nome on August 15th, so there will be ample time to get organized in Nome with receiving my kayak from the air transport hopefully in one piece, to get my other things from the post office and to hopefully find a free room to stay like in Hooper Bay. Not 100% sure yet though where that will be…any ideas, folks?